Sunday 2 October 2016

KEY 1: LEARN SOMETHING NEW

So today I learned more about how to discover your purpose, through a minicourse by
Genuine Youniversity

I found it much more useful and interesting than I had initially, as this guy is not just talking about one way of working out what you're interested in, he's got a whole quiverful of tests, as well as putting a lot of thought into what your purpose is, what it looks like, and how it affects you as you develop it.



I particularly like that there's a whole page about how to have more fun. I know for sure that feeling a bit whimsical about it helped me no end in getting my The turnip god sees all exhibited. Having fun is not something that I do a lot of, and I certainly would enjoy having more, but part of the reason for it is that if you are doing something that takes your whole attention and feels timeless, then it will be a good idea of something that would contribute well to your purpose.

The tests seem like useful tools and I have done two of them so far. The first was about what your body is trying to tell you, which, it turns out, what that it's time to stop biting my tongue, as that gets in the way of me getting what I need! 

I immediately went and told someone that I prefer it when they don't leave white spirit and paint on the kitchen table during meals, and that was not welcome, which upset me greatly. I need to put some thinking time into the best way to get the response I am hoping for, without causing too much upset, or backing down myself.

The other was a more intellectual exercise which I got quite carried away with and seemed to be telling me something, but in fact I think I need to do the rest of them before I narrow down on my actual 'purpose'.

I'll do them now....

What my version of this exercise looks like 



Well, that was amazing. I've been pacing around excitedly saying 'OH, YES!' and 'Oh my GOODNESS!' because doing this one has done what I did not think could be done - it has made me know what I want! Wow. And it has made sense of the previous exercises as it strangely encapsulates all of them.

I immediately started laughing because I have so many things around me that tell me this is where I want to be going, it's kind of ridiculous that I didn't know it this way before. I've immediately taken a small but important step that I wouldn't have taken before this exercise.

It also told me a lot of other things in my life that a little attention could improve greatly.

Wow, I love this course.


Happiness Score today 3.31

No comments:

Post a Comment