Saturday 1 October 2016

KEY 8: USE YOUR STRENGTHS

So today I went to help set up a group exhibition of knitters and crocheters that I was accepted into.
I was so ecstatic on the way there (which was a long time because it was in Barking.)

And I'm writing this and thinking is this my strength? Is this the one and only thing that I bring to the world that is more important than any other? 

Of course it isn't like that - I have several. But this one is an expression of my central purpose, which is related to the way I see things from other peoples' point of view better than most. My textile art is about the difference between what people look like on the outside and how they feel on the inside. This piece is more whimsical than that, in fact, but is still a conceptual piece about how our inner Gods look smaller and less powerful and important over time. 

The other expression of this central purpose (which is directly related to my perspective strength), is my attitude to the NHS and what needs to change. I can see what needs to change but not really how yet. (Although I have a lot of examples of how not to do it!)

So using my strengths more, and doing what's best for everyone, I need to put it, and myself, out there more. 

So from now on if I have an opinion about something of this kind, I am going to say it. 
And this will mean doing some things outside my comfort zone (like the exhibition), and this is good in itself as it will grow me and my capacity to influence the world for the better.


Paul Buchanan can say it so much better than I can

No comments:

Post a Comment